Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Homemade Gifts for Valentines Day Using Essential Oils

Holidays can get expensive, and we often end up buying stuff we don't really need. Expensive perfumes contain toxic ingredients that cause hosts of symptoms for many. Even innocent bystanders are effected by our choices in fragrances. Would you like to make some homemade gifts that will not harm, but have health benefits?

Homemade perfume

Small glass spray bottle
10 drops of Whisper essential oil
5-10 drops of ylang ylang essential oil
doTERRA Fractionated coconut oil

I get my glass bottles here:  https://www.aromatools.com/Clear_Glass_4_ml_Sample_Spray_Bottles_p/9112.htm

Combine oils in glass container, and then fill the container with fractionated coconut oil. Whisper essential oil blend contains Patchouli, Bergamot, Sandalwood, Rose, jasmine, Cinnamon Bark, Cistus, Vetiver, Ylang ylang, Geranium, Cocoa Bean extract, and Vanilla Bean extract. It can be used as an aphrodisiac, frigity, and hormonal balance. It is also very calming and soothing. Ylang Ylang is used as an aphrodisiac, helps to reduce high blood pressure, is calming, and reduces palpitations and stress. When I am feeling overwhelmed, I put this perfume blend on my wrist, then put a small amount behind each ear, and a small amount over my heart. It instantly lifts my spirits, and gives me a feeling of peace.

Sugar Scrub

2 Cups sugar (I used organic raw sugar)
2-6 Tablespoons pure Olive Oil or Fractionated Coconut oil
20-30 drops of essential oil

Combine oil with essential oil in a small glass container. Pour over sugar, and mix well. To use sugar scrub, wash hands, while hands are still wet, apply 1-2 teaspoons of scrub mixture and massage into hands focusing on cuticles. Rinse and apply homemade scented lotion (recipe follows). This can be used on feet as well. I recommend Citrus Bliss, Wild Orange and Peppermint, Lavender, Lemon, Grapefruit, Lemongrass, Roman Chamomile, Ylang Ylang, Elevation, Serenity, or Whisper.

Homemade Scented Lotion

Aloe Vera Gelly
Olive oil
20-30 drops of essential oil. If you are giving this as a gift with the sugar scrub, I recommend coordinating the scents for a layered effect. 

I get the Aloe Vera Gel here:
http://www.vitacost.com/lily-of-the-desert-aloe-vera-gelly-soothing-moisturizer

If you decide to order from Vitacost, you can use my referral code to get $10 off your purchase. Just email me for the code.

No comments:

Post a Comment