Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Diffusing Essential Oils to Create the Mood You Want in Your Home

I used to be a candle enthusiast until I did some research on the toxic effects of most synthetic perfumes and fragrances. You can read a little bit about these effects here: http://www.getawhiffofthis.com/Now I use the Whisper diffuser from Aromatools. You can get the Whisper diffuser here: https://www.aromatools.com/Whisper_Premium_Silent_Misting_Diffuser_p/9377.htm

Whisper Premium Silent Diffuser

With doTERRA certified pure, therapeutic grade essential oils, you not only get a beautiful scent, you get aromatherapy. Aromatherapy is the use of aromatic plant extracts and essential oils in massage or baths. The great thing about aromatherapy, is that it can affect people's moods positively without them even knowing what is happening. I have witnessed firsthand as people that were anxious and stressed received comfort and calmed down in minutes. I have also used aromatherapy in my home to create peace, and help with concentration during homework time.

The following are some of my favorite essential oils blends to diffuse:

Wild Orange and Peppermint: Wild Orange is antidepressant, and sedative. Peppermint is antibacterial, antiviral, and invigorating. I use this one when we are needing focus and energy. If I am teaching a class and I want people to feel alert and be able to focus, I diffuse this amazing blend. I use 3 drops Wild Orange, and 2 drops Peppermint.

Grapefruit and Cassia: This blend was recommended by a friend of mine, and I absolutely love it. Grapefruit is an antidepressant, disinfectant, and stimulant. It can help to reduce mental fatigue. Cassia is antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral. It has a delightful cinnamon scent. Diffuse with caution, do not inhale directly. I use 3 drops of Grapefruit, and 2 drops of Cassia in my Whisper diffuser.

Wild Orange and Lavender: Again, Wild Orange is antidepressant, and sedative. Lavender is antidepressant, antifungal, anti-infectious, and sedative. I love this blend when I have had a stressful day and cannot unwind. I use 3 drops Wild Orange and 2 drops Lavender.

Geranium and Lime: Geranium is antibacterial, antidepressant, relaxing, and sedative. Lime is antibacterial, antiviral, and restorative. This is my peaceful blend. I use 4 drops of Lime and 1 drop of Geranium.

On Guard: On Guard is doTERRA's protective blend. It has Wild Orange, Clove Bud, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus radiate, and Rosemary. On Guard is antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, antidepressant, disinfectant, and stimulating to the immune system. I love this one during the fall and winter when colds and flu are prevalent.

Serenity:  Serenity is a calming blend. It contains Lavender, Sweet Marjoram, Roman Chamomile, Ylang Ylang, Sandalwood, and Vanilla Bean Extract. Serenity is also peaceful, and may help ease tension.


These are just a few of my favorite recipes that I like to use in my whisper diffuser. 


No comments:

Post a Comment